Over 100 volunteers will help to make SHIP’s SleepOver for Homeless Youth a fun and safe event for everyone.
Volunteer positions include assistance with set-up/tear-down, serving food, helping campers transport their supplies and equipment, and more. Selecting preferred roles and time shifts are easy to do, and much appreciated. Once you have signed up to volunteer, you will receive a confirmation email. Information and updates will be sent via email as we get closer to SleepOver event weekend.
- All event day volunteers must be age 18 or older (sorry, no exceptions)
- All volunteers will receive a free SleepOver commemorative item. SHIP’s SleepOver for Homeless Youth is a great individual or group opportunity.
- Most volunteer shifts are four hours in length. Please only sign up if you can volunteer the entire length of the shift.
- For most opportunities, you will be paired with others. If you volunteer for more than one shift, please be sure you don’t select two shifts during that same time period.
- The SleepOver is an outdoor event, and will run rain or shine. Please keep the expected weather in mind. Plan to dress in layers.
- We encourage volunteers to participate in our fundraising efforts (but it’s not required).