Thank you for working to support SHIP of Frederick County, and the hundreds of Frederick County youth who experience homelessness each year. Through your commitment and hard work, you and your teammates will help to provide critical services and resources that will help these youth improve their lives.
To participate in SHIP’s SleepOut for Homeless Youth campaign, please follow this three-step process:
Register yourself as a Camper . Due to liability restrictions, the minimum age to register is 11 years old. The registration fee includes:
- Entrance in to the SleepOver event on October 13th
- Commemorative Shine a Light on Homeless Youth flashlight
- Dinner provided by Roy Rogers Restaurants
- Pepsi beverages and Aquafina water throughout the night
- Entertainment, music, games, activities, and more.
All participants must register individually first to be able to participate in the event and sleep over. By registering, you are agreeing to the terms outlined on the Liability Waiver which must be completely filled out and submitted to event staff upon Check-In at the SleepOver event on October 13th.
Each registered camper under the age of 18 must also provide a Minor Consent Form signed by a parent or legal guardian, to be submitted at Check-In at the SleepOver event. Campers without a full completed and signed Minor Consent Form will not allowed in to the stadium- sorry, no exceptions.
For those registering who are 18 years or older, please enter ‘N/A’ (for “Not Applicable”) on the registration data fields requiring Chaperone information.
Please Note – All campers under the age of 18 must have a supervising adult age 25 or older with them all night.
2. CREATE OR JOIN A TEAM
- Once registered as an individual, you will be able to create a team OR, you can join an existing team already formed (you’ll need to know the name of the existing team to be able to join).
- Once registered, you will begin your fundraising efforts. Each registered camper must raise a minimum of $ 150 in addition to the $ 25 registration fee. We’ve made it easy for you to accomplish this goal with the creation of your own team fundraising page which is easy to circulate via email and social media. Be sure to follow the simple tips and tools outlined here. Teams can be organized with up to, but not exceeding, six members. All campers under the age of 18 must have a supervising adult (age 25 or older) with them all night. This supervising adult must register as a camper as well, and is expected to achieve the fundraising minimum of $150.
- PRIZES – Each camper who raises a minimum of $300 in donations will receive a commemorative SHIP’s SleepOver for Homeless youth long sleeve t-shirt in a size of your choice. For those raising $ 600 or more, you will receive a commemorative hooded sweatshirt in a size of your choice. Prizes will be awarded to the top individual and team fundraisers, courtesy of our Premier Sponsor, Mattress Warehouse.